Dieses Amt ist zur Zeit nicht besetzt.
This office is vacant at the time.
The AISA, Committee for international Students at the HKS Ottersberg, is engaged in the support of international students and enhancement of transcultural communication at the HKS Ottersberg. We will support you if you got questions about study, work, scheduling and length of you’re stay at the HKS Ottersberg and personal issues. Just contact us.
In your first study week at the HKS we would like to introduce ourselves and welcome you at our university. Ans within the first 2-3 week, we would like to invite you to join us on a trip to discover Ottersberg and the surrounding area (such as Bremen and Hamburg). We will give you an experience of German culture. Therefore, we will inform you about the date of the trip at our first meeting.
We are looking forward to welcoming you to our university of applied sciences and arts in Ottersberg. If you have questions prior to arriving don’t hesitate to send us an e-mail.
Here are some important informations for you to consider for your stay at teh HKS Ottersberg.
- Check the validity of your personaldocuments
- ID card or passport (must be valid at least 6 months)
- Health Insurance certificate
- Travel insurance, if necessary
- Get a visa for Germany
- Students fromEU/EFTA countries do not require a student visa
- All other students mustapply for a visa (Please note that you should apply for a student visa, not a tourist one). You should apply for the student visa at the German embassy or consulate of your home country.
- It would be helpful to have a bank account with a local bank at the beginning of your stay.
- Get an accommodation
- It’s practical to search an accommodation in Ottersberg and/or Bremen.
- You decided to study as an exchange student at the HKS Ottersberg, but haven’t found an accommodation jet? Ask us for help and we will try to find contact details for you.
- Up on arriving, you must register at the residents‘ registration office within the first two weeks. If you have problems with your German language skills don’t hesitate to ask us for help.
Good to know!
It is not necessary to speak German fluently. If you’re interested we will try to arrange a German language course for you. It is useful to have a German prepaid card for your mobile here. It helps you to save costs. Moreover, it is helpful to have a bicycle for your stay at the HKS. You may need it to reach the train station (about three kilometers distance from the university) and other places in Ottersberg. During your stay, you will get a “semester ticket” (VBN-Ticket) which allows you to access all public transports in Ottersberg and Bremen and commuter trains to nearby cities (such as Bremen, Hamburg, Hanover, Oldenburg, etc.).
You do not have to bring along your whole „artist case“. There are a number of art supply stores in Ottersberg and Bremen. Our university has its own small shop, where you can buy brushes, colors, paper etc. You may also use the large paper cutting machine of the shop.
We are looking forward to welcoming you to our university. If you have questions prior to arriving don’t hesitate to send us an e-mail.